Rusmur Floors - Tile Grout Review from Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania

Natrona Heights,Pennsylvania

We built with Heartland who also required us to use Rusmur. Below are some pictures of our shower.

Instead of making the small cuts to complete the border, they just filled the holes with grout. The grout job around the bottom and corners was so bad it is now impossible to keep clean. The cuts around the drain were atrocious. After calling them to come back 3 different times (once the guy did not even have a wet saw to make the cuts.

What tile guy doesn't have a wet saw???) I finally gave up. I've stayed in 1000s of hotels and this is by far the worst tile job I've ever seen in my life.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 24, 2015.

Comments

RusmurFloors

We're sorry to hear about your experience. If you could provide us with some more details about the installation, we'd love to be able to resolve your issue. If it's easiest for you - you can private message our Facebook page with more details https://www.facebook.com/RusmurFloors

Rusmur Floors

Rusmur Floors Bait and Switch Poor Quality Products Terrible Customer Service

When we were building our home, we were told we had to use Rusmur Floors for our flooring needs. Our sales experience was now an uplifting one. The sales woman, seemed a bit annoyed by need to see the samples I was picking placed together so I could see how they would look. The fact that the samples were varying sizes of 3 inch pieces of cabinet, 12 inch pieces of carpeting and 12 inch pieces of wood did not make this any easier. While looking at the carpeting, she encouraged us to upgrade to better padding and keep the baseline carpet. She told me the carpeting would last 8 - 10 years and had a warranty. Sadly, we believed her.

When we walked into our brand new home, we were immediately disappointed. We could feel the nails near all of the edges of the carpeting, and the carpeting looked like apartment grade carpeting. She assured me it wasn't.

When we went into our bathroom, the tile on the tub did not line up. Much of the caulking was coming up around the tub and the shower.

Our kitchen floor squeaked, and there were spaces bigger than the width of a quarter between many boards.

I immediately informed Ryan Homes. It took weeks to get Rusmur here. I had to make several phone calls, and I wrote several letters. Not once was one of them returned by the manager. The only letter I ever received from him was after I filed a complaint the BBB. The letter was a form letter.

My troubles still continue. Rusmur refused to fix the tub, and the carpeting. Upon further inspection, we found that our sales slip showed the cheap padding. There was nothing we could do at this point event though we did ask for the upgrade.

A year and 1/2 later, I am still having troubles with my kitchen floor. They were here to fix it in February. I came home to find worse problems. Boards were broken and stuffed back in. The boards didn't even match the original floor. It is now almost August, and they are just addressing the problems left behind from February.

I still haven't received a call or an apology from the store.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 28, 2011.

Comments

Don't buy a Ryan home then. They cheep out on everything and that's why your floors squeak.

Ryan homes probably gave you a cheap budget to buy carpet and pad. How is this Rusmurs fault

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #614187

All the same things have happened to us! We purchased and built our new home with Ryan Homes as well..

BUYER BEWARE of The Ryan "Classic" Homes over in the NEW Taylor Ridge plan located in Mars PA. off Three Degree Rd.

You and I may have experienced the exact same sales pitches from both Kristen @ Ryan Homes, as well as Ginney @ Rusmur Floors. What a joke!

Mars, Pennsylvania, United States #613257

off Three Degree Rd.

You and I may have gotten the exact same sales pitches from both Kristen @ Ryan Homes, and Ginney @ Rusmur Floors. What a joke!

to bcampbell0903 Mars, Pennsylvania, United States #614181

to bcampbell0903 Mars, Pennsylvania, United States #614184

BUYER BEWHARE of The Ryan "Classic" Homes over in the NEW Taylor Ridge plan located in Mars PA. off Three Degree Rd.

You and I may have received the exact same sales pitches from both Kristen @ Ryan Homes, and Ginney @ Rusmur Floors. What a joke!

View more comments